Based on things I’ve overhead or read recently:
- Why do we assume that all boys like bugs? Or that only boys like bugs?
- Why do we all know what someone means if they say they want something in “a boy color?”
- Why do kids as young as four “know” that fairies are for girls (only)?
- Why do we discourage things such as long hair for boys, yet short hair is “cute” for girls?
- Why is empathy a woman’s natural art?
- Why do we assume that all boys like balls and that all men must be able to teach ball games to boys?
- Why are female baseball players extraordinary and male ballet dancers “gay/queer/strange?”
Any to add to the list?